Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day is fun because I have an excuse to make cookies and treats and give them to people.

(You can pick which picture to look at...one is flash and the other is no flash.)



The above pictures are the "Heart Attack" I did for my neighbor friend. My girls at church did this for an activity on Wednesday for a few people at church. I thought it was fun.

I made cookies and took some to be delivered to my girls at school today. It thought that would be a fun surprise. It was always the coolest thing to have something brought to you at school. I remember for my birthday one year, Wendy brought a small birthday cake to me at school during my lunch time. That was so cool! I got to serve birthday cake to my friends, and we got to stay at lunch a little bit late for the special occasion. I kind of feel like I get to do "Big Sister Stuff" for my 14-15yr old girls at church now, since I was never a big sister before. I think I would have liked to be a big sister.

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope it's a good one. What fun things are you doing (or other people are doing for you) today?

4 comments:

Ali said...

Cute, cute hearts! Those thin ones must have taken some time! Wish I had you to decorate the ward bulletin for me (which I am in charge of)...I did much more plain hearts:)

Granma Faye said...

It took me hours!!! but I had fun making lots 'n lots of cut-out cookies and frosting them in pretty colors. Made up several give-away plates. It was also fun to spend some time crafting valentines for my grandkadidles. That's the stuff I did. I got, from Dr. Peters, two yummy heart-shaped chocolates he made. One is caramel-filled and the other is a truffle. SO GOOD! His wife wrote my name on one of them. He's so thoughtful and he's an expert candy maker--in chocolate, of course! Sounds like you had fun, Holly. Pretty hearts!

Wendy Jean said...

I forgot about heart-attacks. I've never done one before. I should write it on my calendar for next year so I'll remember.

Granma Faye said...

P.S. I forgot to say I really like your pink dotted swiss side bars and the pretty little flowers! Cute!