Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mom's Pasta Salad

My mom made a delicious pasta salad to share on our camping trip at Alder Lake. Everybody wanted the recipe so I thought I would post it here, and anybody else who reads my blog can get it too. Really--this is good. A couple people who normally don't like pasta salads loved it, so give it a try!


Bistro Chicken Pasta Salad

4 cups cooked pasta (penne, spiral, bow-tie...whatever)
1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
1 pkg (4 oz) crumbled feta cheese
1 cup prepared GOOD SEASONS Italian Salad Dressing Mix
1/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, grilled or broiled, cut into 1/4 inch slices

Toss all ingredients except chicken
Cover pasta mixture with chicken. Serve warm or chilled. (We like it cold) Makes 7 1/2 cups

2 comments:

Granma Faye said...

I tried the store brand of dressing mix one time. Don't do it. It's different and just doesn't have the really good flavor of Good Seasons.
Paying slightly more for the name brand is worth it.

Wendy Jean said...

Hmmm. I wonder if my family would like it. One time I made pasta salad but it was more than we could eat. It seems like since then nobody wants pasta salad. Maybe I need a new recipe!