Sunday, March 9, 2008

Strawberry Cupcakes!

I've always wanted to make strawberry cake with strawberry frosting, so I finally tried it last night! (The frosting was the experiment part.) If you want a cupcake, just come to my Mia Maid's class today!



I used some frozen strawberries, let them thaw out, and mushed them up. I mixed that with cream cheese and powdered sugar. I didn't even add milk or vanilla, because there was too much liquid. So I ended up separating a smaller amount out and making that part thicker. (I didn't want to use ALL of my powdered sugar.) It tastes pretty good, and especially good with the strawberry cake. I think I will use the rest of the frosting more like a glaze to go over a cake where it can run down the sides. Next time (and if you want to try too) I would mush up the strawberries and try to drain out the juice as much as possible. Then if you need more liquid you can add juice a little bit at a time. I also found a recipe online that uses melted white chocolate chips to mix in. I think that makes it thicker, although I can't imagine how it tastes. I'll let you know if I try that one too!

5 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Those cupcakes sound really good, Holly. Your YW class are so lucky! That frosting looks creamy and yummy and I want to take a swipe with my finger! ♥

Summer said...

fun Holly. those do look good!

Ali said...

Yum...those DO look good! I'm wishing I were a mia-maid right about now...ps-those pictures of Greg are priceless! Who falls asleep on parmasen cheese? He must have had a HARD day...

Kaela said...

YUM-ERS! You seem like SUCH a great little chef and cook. I would venture to guess you have one very happy husband on your hands:) Strawberries are the BEST- those look delicious.

Ethatch said...

Those look yummy Holly. Kaela told me about a chocolate cake that she loved from you or from Summer's blog--is it yours? Kaela I'd like to try it too. Who would have thought you young ladies would grow up so quickly and be so domestic, teaching us grammas new tricks?
Marge Thatcher