Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Attack of the killer weeds!



The lot next to us is completely empty...That is, completely empty except for the mass of crazy killer weeds!



They started out as tall scary looking and sweet smelling purple flowers.



Now as they are mature and are ready to release their seeds, they have turned into a bunch of white fuzzy fluff balls that fly around in the wind. It looks like it's snowing.



The previous person who lived here said it actually got so bad last year that they could hardly see the road from the house. We have been in contact with some city authorities who have assured us that action is being taken against the weeds.



The owner of the lot has been fined a couple hundred dollars, and then for every day it's not taken care of it will cost an extra $100. I don't know exactly how much the guy has racked up so far, but I hope he is motivated to do something soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How irritating. That guy should plant something that will make him money instead of costing $100 a day.

Beth said...

I agree with your Dad's comment! If you have land, might as well let it make money for you! I love the picture of your tomatoes!!! YUMMY! Congrats on a job well done Holly!

Kaela said...

You'd think the fines would have motivated him to do something faster... they certainly would me! Hope he does something fast!! I love your true love for your cute garden.

Granma Faye said...

Yowsa! Those are expensive weeds! I'm sure they're a nuisance. When that many are growing somewhere it's important to control them. They quickly overtake everything. ♥

Summer said...

I hate weeds. I remember weeding our gravel drive way on brewster place.