Sunday, February 22, 2009

Texas Visit!



I just got back from visiting my sister and her family in Texas. I was happy to see everybody again and to get to know my new little niece. I spent the days with Wendy, Heidi, and Hunter. Then when Max and Zach got home from school we'd all go out to the field or the park nearby to play outside. That was fun! I told Wendy that if I lived in their neighborhood I'd never have to exercise. I'd get all my exercise chasing the kids around every day.

Heidi didn't sleep very much by herself, so some of the nights I stayed up late rocking her so Wendy could get some sleep. I miss holding her now. Wendy and I also did some fun things like playing the piano together, making cookies and freezer jam, and going on a sister date. We went to a restaurant where you get a bucket of peanuts to snack on and everybody just throws the shells on the ground. Haha, I couldn't bring myself to do it though! I wanted to drop them under the table where nobody would notice, but Wendy said that's even harder to clean up. So I put them on my plate, but that was dumb too. I didn't want to put my bread in peanut shells. I finally settled on leaving them in a little pile on the edge of the table. Anyway, the food was really good and it was fun to just be with Wendy and Heidi.

On Saturday at lunch time we all got in the car, picked up pizza and went to the park. It was really windy at the park, and at first I was just cold and not wanting to stay. After we ate our pizza I chased the kids around and we all got warmed up. That was fun! Dustin and I were on a team trying to get Max and Zach. One time I hid in the twisty tube slide. Max didn't know I was there and he was running from his dad to hide there. When I saw him coming down I put my hands up like claws and roared. He screamed a high pitch scream of true fear that was as funny as the look on his face! Hahaha! He did NOT expect me to be in there! Hahahhahaaha!

That was a fun week that went by too fast. I hope I get to visit again soon!

5 comments:

Carrissa Hellewell said...

How fun that you got to go and see Wendy! What a sweet baby too...Looks like fun! That reminds me, I need wendys email so that I can see her blog!

Granma Faye said...

I'm so glad you posted all those pictures, Holly. It's fun to look at them and imagine all the fun times you had while you were there. I just know the kids loved having you there to chase them around and scare them with your monster roar and "claws". hahahaha I bet that was sooo funny to hear Max squeal. Heidi looks so sweet. Hug her, squeeze her, kiss her! I miss them too. : (

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the photos. Makes me homesick for Wendy's place. :(

Summer said...

That was fun to see all those pics.
i'm excited to go visit. Glad you had a good time and made it back safely.

Kaela said...

Sounds like such a fun trip!!! Sister time is the best! Glad you were able to go and enjoy eachother's company. Sounds like her kids love their Aunt Holly- and for good reason:)