Thursday, September 9, 2010

Oops!


We came upon this the other day. The semi truck was trying to make it around the circle round-about at the only entrance to our apartment complex, but he didn't make it. It looked like he was planning to jump the curb and drive over the island, but the tires just sunk deep into the mud instead...and he didn't jump the curb--he plowed through it instead. The maintenance guy that was standing around told me the total weight of the machinery and the trailer was 80,000 pounds, and the truck driver got fired. I don't know how you get another job after getting fired for messing up like that.

It's times like this that I'm glad I'm not a truck driver.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Oye, I'm ALWAYS glad I'm not a truck driver. I've never understood how they do it! I guess sometimes they just don't.... :)

Granma Faye said...

Oooo, I'm cringing. I bet that driver was saying a few choice words we wouldn't want to hear. How humiliating! That's awful. Did ya hear about the semi-truck that didn't make the curve on an overpass somewhere around Issaquah? He tipped over, dumping his load, with one steel beam precariously teetering over the guardrail threatening freeway traffic below. Yeah, it's scary being responsible for a vehicle that size! Gotta have GRIT!

Summer said...

oh wow. hahahahahah what a mess