Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We Moved!

We moved a little over a week ago from our Cougar's Closet apartment above the storage units to a regular apartment down the street.


It has been so nice to be home and not worry about the phone ringing or customers coming to my door! And I'm glad we could stay in the same ward at church. A major part of Pullman that I love is the friends who feel like family at church. I also love my calling of working with the young women. It is one of the great joys in my life right now.

Welcome to our home!


This shows the signs I made to help our friends help us. We put colored stickers on all the boxes to tell them which room they go to. (Put an orange sticker on the boxes for storage, and a green sticker on the bedroom boxes...etc)


Even though there are boxes everywhere and things are not organized yet, it does feel like home. We're making progress, and I think it will be really nice when I've finished working on it.


Oh, and by the way Mom, the bathroom stuff matches nicely with the green counter top.


This is the view I used to have of my flowers...


Oh, and I wanted to get a picture of this satellite dish...they are taking it down and I thought it looked like they are going to shoot a missile into space.


And this is the view we have out our bedroom window now. It's not too bad actually. If you look out the sliding glass door you see the edge of the parking lot and then it's just wheat fields. It will be really pretty in the spring when everything is green!

8 comments:

Amy said...

What a great place! I can't wait to come "visit"! (wink-wink)

Unknown said...

awesome, looks like a really cute apartment, you're gonna love having more space!

Holly said...

Oh, actually, it's Less space. The apartment is smaller, AND we don't have a garage anymore....the second bedroom is serving as a storage room with stacked boxes that we will rediscover when we buy a house and unpack everything. It will be like Christmas!

Ali said...

Your kitchen looks nice and big! Congrats! Have fun getting settled. Unpacking is the fun part!

Anonymous said...

Finally out of that storage unit place! What a relief. Now you get to be just normal people. Yay!

Carrissa Hellewell said...

yay that you get to stay in our same ward! A ward really becomes like family, I have found that out with my ward and I would hate to leave. Plus I love being in young womens too!

Summer said...

cool holly. that apartment looks nice. smart to make those stickers too.

Wendy Jean said...

That apartment look similar to the one you were in when I visited you a few years ago. I agree with Sum about the colored stickers. What a good way to get the most out of the people helping you move!