Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chewy White Chocolate Chocolate Cookies

I believe in the healing power of chocolate. Since I have been home from about 3 1/2 weeks of visiting various family members, I felt bla and sad. I missed my family, I had a cold, and my house was a mess from partially moving in and then going on vacation. So I gathered my strength and made a pan of brownies, and it made all the difference in the world! Suddenly I had a new energy and motivation to work on my house, and I got over my cold. After that first bite of chewy chocolate, I became a new woman.


Today I dedicate this post to another recipe I found on the Sister's Cafe Blog: Chewy White Chocolate Chocolate Cookies. A recipe that has the word, "Chocolate" in it twice has GOT to be good!



1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup Dutch cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
2 cup white chocolate chips

(I would reduce the amount of chips to maybe one cup, or one and a half cups...it was hard to keep them all mixed in the dough because there were too many.)


Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and salt.

Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda, then gently mix into creamed ingredients. Fold in white chocolate chips.

Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, both look very very good, maybe extra good because i'm just starting a 'die'-et, lol!

Linda said...

Oh boy chocolate, just what every woman needs to have just a tiny bit on hand at all times,so in case of emergency of depression or blues. Chocolate is a sure way to perk a body up.
both of your chocolate pictures made my mouth water. Thanks for including the recipe.
Love Aunt Linda

Greg said...

Thank you for making the cookies. As soon as I got home from work (because I have a job now, a real job with work and also paychecks) I smelled something special in the air. And that was before I took my shoes off. However, it was tacos that I smelled. But I always love coming home from work (where I am employed full time) and knowing dinner is underway. It says "I love you" in a delicious way. Also I like chocolate cookies, which will be yummy later.

Wendy Jean said...

That is so funny! I completely agree about chocolate and it's healing powers. Chocolate makes everything better. Someone said cheese makes everything better, but they were wrong! I'm nibbling on chocolate chips right now!

Anonymous said...

I don't have to eat cookies. I just go to Holly's blog and there's all the calories I need for the day.

Granma Faye said...

God knew women would need a little help with their daily trials and tasks so he invented chocolate. : ) It's Wun-der-ful! I know Greg and your family (when you have children) love/will love all the yummy things you make for them. Chocolate is the BEST!

Summer said...

ooo those look good! ginger would love the pink ones!

Summer said...

i like greg's comment :)