Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Homemade Oreos

Yum. That's all there is to say.


(Sister's Blog)

For the Cookies:
1 package devil's food cake mix (or chocolate of any kind)
2 eggs
1/2 - cup oil

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Add oil and eggs to cake mix and blend together. Roll dough into balls (a little larger than a quarter). Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet (until warm). Remove cookies from sheet and place on cooling rack. To assemble the cookies, add about a tablespoon of filling into the center of one cookie. Place another cookie similar in size on top of the filling. Lightly press, to work the filling evenly to the outsides of the cookie. Continue this process until all the cookies have been sandwiched with cream.


Cream Cheese Filling Recipe:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 block of cream cheese (8 oz)
3-4 cups - powdered sugar (depending on desired consistency)
1 - tsp vanilla extract

(By the way, this made about 3 times as much filling as I needed. I would recommend cutting the filling recipe in half at least, or making more cookies. I will have to put the left over filling in the freezer for another time.)

Cream butter and add cream cheese and mix well. Add powdered sugar slowly until you reach your desired consistency.

These are easy and fast to make, and delicious! I love how soft they are. Oh, and I used my cookie scooper so they are all perfectly the same size.

Also, I decided to just frost the top of each cookie and not make it oreo style...that way they last a little longer, and I didn't really like eating two cookies at once.


PS. I tried making Fudge Crinkles using a strawberry cake mix instead, but they aren't that great. Well, Greg and all his friends at work liked them, but they just don't compare to chocolate. They are pretty though.

2 comments:

Annaliese said...

I made homemade oreos for the first time recently too! They are pretty amazing spectacular, I must say.

Summer said...

I was wondering if those were good! I think I might miss the crunch.