Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sound Equipment


Greg found this cool piece of sound equipment on Craig's List for an awesome price. It was cheap because a part was damaged, but of course Greg knew how to fix it! He's been spending a lot of time in the evenings playing with this and reading the manual to figure out how it works. When he figures out something new, we spend some time together so he can teach me what he learned. It's great! We make a good team because I like singing and playing the piano, and recording my music, and he likes editing my music and doing the technical stuff. I sure have come a long way from the days in middle school when I would sing into one tape recorder, then play it back while singing along into a second tape recorder. (The sound quality was significantly worse each time, so by the 3rd recording I had to stand across the room and sing so it would be the same volume as the tape that was playing...Hope that all made sense to you.)
Anyway, I'm glad we have a hobby that we can both enjoy and be a part of.



(Yeah, that's my sewing machine box that is being used as a table for the sound stuff. Greg plans on building a small table this week so I can actually use my sewing machine to sew.)

Other news is that I am thoroughly enjoying choir again. I like most of the music pretty well, and it's fun to sing now that I'm starting to get the hang of this soprano thing. (I prefer alto, but the director made me sing soprano. I wanted to rebel at first, but I think I just might be good at singing soprano after all....well, after a LOT of practice.)

Our first concert is in October, and then we'll have another one in December of course. Our choir recently changed its name to the Palouse Choral Society, so the daily news thought they would write an article about it Here. They took some close up pictures of my friend and one of the director.

3 comments:

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Thats fun! I remember when you used to record your voice a couple times, I always thought you were amazing. :) Still do, but now its going to sound even cooler!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's cool. Is this something he can use to record the choir?

Ali said...

That looks sa-weet! Neat that you guys can do that together as a hobby.