Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter!


I think this may be an Easter miracle. The rainbow maker mom gave me a long time ago finally started working! (Or maybe it's just that we are heading out of winter and there's finally enough sunlight getting through to my window.)



Here's our Easter fun.


We went shopping together last night and picked out the chocolate we like: Reece's Peanut Butter Eggs and Cadbury's Eggs--the kind with the thick sugary "egg yolk" in the middle...Mmmmm...

Then we watched "The making of the Labyrinth" while putting together our Easter baskets. Jim Henson was a pretty talented guy. It's really too bad he died so young. I wonder what other movies he would have made if he were still alive.

After we finished that, we spent some time before bed putting together one of the puzzles Summer sent. That was fun. 100 pieces is just right for an evening project. And I like the picture a lot too.


I had kind of forgotten about Greg's basket. I made this a couple years ago. It still looks funny to me.


And of course, let's not forget the thing we are celebrating at Easter. I love this picture. My parents have a similar picture in their home that I liked to look at. The Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ is one of those things that is important to remember year-round, so I keep this picture on the wall in our living room to help me remember.



This weekend there's a page about Easter on Mormon.org where you can comment and share your thoughts and feelings about Jesus Christ. I thought it was kind of cool to see that there are thousands of comments already. There's also some neat Bible Videos on this website, and a Facebook page with some Easter cards that you can comment on too.



Watching that video and reading the scriptures about Christ kind of makes our Easter basket and egg traditions seem silly and nonsensical. I've been trying to think of some good traditions to have (besides Easter baskets) at Easter so my kids will know why we celebrate Easter. What kind of Easter traditions do you have in your family?

3 comments:

Greg said...

We were doing a Thomas Kinkade puzzle on the day he died. RIP TK - 1/19/58 - 4/6/12

Easter baskets in a bunny-like shape is new for me, but I can see it sticking as a tradition. I like Easter.

Marie' said...

I don't have any special tradition to share, but I asked the bunny to come on Saturday morning instead of Sunday so we can reserve Sunday for the spiritual celebration. That has helped the kids a lot.

Wendy Jean said...

love the puzzle too! I was sad to hear that Thomas Kinkade died. We do our egg hunt on Saturday evening so we can remember on Sunday what Easter is really about.