Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gardening! Sort of...

I wasn't sure what we were going to do about a garden this year.  We moved into this house, but it's still a rental so I can't dig up the yard and make a big garden plot the way I'd like to.  So I didn't start little seedlings this year because I was indecisive and thought I probably wouldn't have a garden...But when I started seeing other peoples' gardens on our evening walk I decided I had to do something.


Here's the solution for this year:  Garden vegetables in long planter boxes.  It's not exactly 60 pepper plants and 20 tomato plants like we did before, but we should still get something from these little guys.  And it will be fun to watch their progress as they grow fruit this summer.  I've got red, green, and orange bell peppers, tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, and two kinds of squash.


Maybe next year we'll come up with something better.



1 comment:

Annaliese said...

You're ambitious! I just throw seeds in the ground and shrug my shoulders when they don't grow. I did do some squash in 5-gallon buckets that are working surprisingly well. You'll have to update on how they do.