Saturday, June 23, 2012

I love to see the temple




"I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday,
to feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray

For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young. This is my sacred duty."



I went to the Spokane temple yesterday by myself while Greg was at work.  I've never gone alone, but it was a peaceful experience.  It was so beautiful, and I enjoyed the time I had to think and ponder things in my life and choices I'm making.  


There was a nice couple there who offered to take my picture when they saw me with the camera.  I enjoyed visiting with them while they showed me around the temple grounds.  They are in charge of landscaping, so it was fun to talk about all the plants and see their work.


"I love to see the temple, I'll go inside someday
to covenant with my Father, to promise to obey.
For the temple is a Holy place where we are sealed together.
As a child of God I've learned this truth: A family is forever."

                                                                                                                                                                                                 Janice Kapp Perry







1 comment:

Lory said...

What a wonderful time! Thanks you for sharing :)