Saturday, December 20, 2008

Slobs!

As you may know, it's been snowing a lot in Pullman lately.




The snow is halfway up to my knees. I can tell you this because today I jumped out there in my socks. I know, yuck. I had to though. I saw this truck that had just visited their storage unit slow down and stop in the driveway. I was thinking, "Oh no, are they stuck in the snow?" But no. I watched in disbelief as this slob pulled a big box out of the back of the truck and tossed it on the ground. And that's when I jumped out on the deck to yell at them, but they were too fast and drove away. So I changed my socks, and then ran outside (with shoes on this time) and followed their snow tracks to the only unit with tons of footprints in front of it. Then I went to the office and called the person. The guy said that he had just sent a couple friends to his unit for him, so I said, "Oh. I just watched your friend throw a box on the ground and leave it on my property. You can come back and pick it up or I can charge you $50 to pick it up for you." Ha! He said, "Oh, they will be right back to pick it up!" Then I watched smugly from my window as they drove back up, grudgingly got out of the truck and put the box back in the truck and drove away. They won't be littering on my watch! It's funny because they had no idea that I was watching them toss that box, and they probably don't know how I knew which unit to call. I didn't explain about following the tracks of course.
That was very satisfying.
The End.

7 comments:

Ethatch said...

Way to be Holly! Your sweet and innocent looks and personality have a 'speak up side!!! That's a good thing.
Luv ya,
Marge

Ali said...

The snow really does serve a purpose!! How fun for you to get to play detective!! I love this story. So funny- I want to be a detective in my next life...I think it would be so fun. It reminds me of Matlock- I used to LOVE that show. Keep on keeping an eye out!!

Holly said...

Haha, I love Matlock! I used to watch that and Perry Mason with my mom when I was little.

Granma Faye said...

I'm so glad you posted that story, Holly. Dad was telling me about it and then when we went to tithing settlement, we told Bishop Gent. He laughed and said something about our girls all look so gentle and sweet. I added that I think all three of them have some spunk when necessary. Humm... I wonder where they got that from...Dad, my guess...or Aunt Linda? hahahaha ♥

Wendy Jean said...

Good Job, Holly!! That's a funny story!

Kaela said...

Awesome! I loved Matlock too! It is sad how inconsiderate others can be sometimes and it is wonderful when they can be taught lessons:) Thank you for being a willing (brave, strong, and sweet too) teacher!

Linda said...

Way to go Holly, you spunky girl you.
I loved watching Matlock and Perry Mason too.
So grandma Faye lays the blame for your spunkyness at my door!
Could be, I certainly have not been a shrinking violet, as that would not have accomplished the raising of 6 kids.
Loved your story.
Aunty Linda