Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow!


Yes, it's that time of year again, and we haven't got our snow tires on yet. (It just started snowing about an hour ago.) Greg will put them on tomorrow morning. He's at school right studying. It really is pretty when I'm in my warm home baking cookies or bread, but it's nasty and cold and wet if you're out in it. I have a mixture of excitement and dread as I remember last year's snow and what a pain it was. It's only fun when you can stay home and play, and just go out because you want to. I'm glad at least that I don't have to go drive to my job. This is when it's nice to work at this storage place, and the people come to me.



Well I hope everybody's enjoying the beauty outside and being safe! Happy Snow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The severe winter blast we were supposed to get today turned out to be a mild rain storm and some wind for a while. It's still too warm for snow. That's the problem with global warming - its so unpredictable.

Granma Faye said...

Oh, brrr....this afternoon we have "spitting snow" and nothing is sticking. We were a bit disappointed to not get in on the big stuff. : ( It's 35 degrees and dropping. Not supposed to get out of the 20's next week, even in the middle of the day. From Sum's email and pictures, it looks like LaGrande has about 6" of snow. I'm betting you have at least that much, too. Make a snowman! ♥

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Today it snowed here too! And it stuck. It was really pretty. I love how snow makes everything some much more brighter!

Ali said...

I enjoy the SNOW pics now so much more, since I can't see it in real life anymore! :)

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Wow- that looks like a ton of snow- I remeber when we lived in Colorado- that snow was soo fun at first and then got old by the end of winter- at least you are going to have a very White Christmas!!!