Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tile Picture!

Hello! I just finished my tile picture. I was kind of nervous about doing it by myself, but I looked back at Summer's blog when she explained how to do it and that helped a lot. I just put the frame on and now I just have to wait! I was glad to do my own tonight--I will be helping my friend make two of her own in a couple days so I wanted to really know what I'm doing.





I painted the cracks between "tiles" the same color brown as the frame so it all ties together and looks really good! It doesn't really look like it in these pictures, but the brown is also very close to the color of her dress. I'm excited for it to cure so I can hang it on the wall!

5 comments:

Ali said...

It is gorgeous! Very classy. I still want to do one of these!

Granma Faye said...

That is really pretty, Holly. Good job! You're brave. I would want someone helping me at least one more time before I tried it on my own. Oooo, scary. I just love the pictures done that way. It's beautiful! ♥

Anonymous said...

Awesome - beautiful frame, too. Way to go Holly! Have you thought of selling these on etsy.com?

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Wow holly, thats really neat! I want to know how to do that. I have made one before, but the lady basically did it all for me. SO I didn't learn much from that experience. You said the instructions are on Summer's blog? I don't remember seeing that....

Wendy Jean said...

looks really good, Holly. Pretty pretty!