Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Birthday Boy



Greg got a life jacket and a knife for his birthday! He's very proud of them. He also "accidentally" got this black mesh shirt to go with his life jacket. We went to get the life jacket together this morning, but he accidentally dropped some little rope that he bought on the ground right outside the car, so later he had to go back by himself to get the rope. The next time I saw him he was looking guilty and said, "I think they might have charged me for this cool shirt, so I took it home." It's a good thing though, so he can wear a shirt that will dry quickly and not be wet against his skin all day. He's excited to use his new toys on the youth raft trip this weekend.



We're going as youth leaders, and we're going to go down to Riggins a day early to set up camp and be sure we get a good spot. It will be fun to have a night to camp all by ourselves before all the kids get there. Greg suggested we go down the river by ourselves tomorrow night, but then he decided one of us would probably die, so we're just going to float around camp.

5 comments:

Ali said...

I love it! I am so going to try that one on Jeff next time I feel the need for something. "They accidentally charged me for it!" Love it.

Lory said...

you guys are the funniest things! I guess I'm glad you're just going to float around camp and no die. I kind of like having you around! Happy Birthday Greg!

Granma Faye said...

Glad Greg had a good birthday. He got some good, usable stuff. It will be fun to go rafting and nice to have the campsite to yourself for one night. I'm glad you're not going to try rafting the river alone, though. It's just rapid enough that I'd feel better if you have an experienced guide with you. Hope it's nice hot weather this week-end...perfect for water fights and getting splashed by whitewater. ♥

Anonymous said...

I think Greg should sell his "slogan" to an ad firm. Maybe if a store had a commercial with that in it, it might end the depression!

Summer said...

That is a really nice life jacket!