Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hot summer days got you breaking out?

Yeah, me too. So I decided to go back to this kind of powder. About a month ago when it was getting really hot I started breaking out, probably because the weather has caused me to get sweaty throughout the day. I also was using the same old powder and it was feeling thick on my skin and dirty because I was so hot. It's the kind you put on with a small pad--it's almost like a liquid powder. So I pulled out the other kind of loose powder that's made by Almay.


It's called clear complexion powder. It has salicylic acid in it, so it helps kill your zits instead of making them worse. Since I started using that kind of powder again my skin has cleared right up! Just like magic!


(Sorry, I tried to get a picture so you can read it but it's blurry. Don't know how to make it clear.)

It also helps of course to wash your face more often, and I like to use this astringent stuff. I think that helps a lot too.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Nice! I love beauty tips...especially coming from you- You and your sisters have always had beautiful skin! You should post MORE beauty tips:)

Granma Faye said...

I didn't know Almay had that kind of face powder. Good idea to put salacylic (sp?) acid in it. Seems like that really would be helpful. I hoped by my age I'd be well past break-outs. Uh uh. It's still an issue sometimes. Grrrr... : ( ♥

Summer said...

Glad you posted that. I heard Salacylic is good for healing cracks in your feet too.

Granma Faye said...

Yeah, a guy on TV said to wipe Stridex pads on your dried-up, cracked heels and then coat them in vaseline...aquaphor would be good, too, put socks on and sleep with them on all night. We've known about the Vaseline treatment but the Stridex was new to me. Hummm? ♥