Friday, September 25, 2009

This makes me happy


The Young Women leaders in my ward are going on a temple trip together (I'm Mia Maid Adviser) so I'm baking black-bottom cupcakes to share on the ride to Spokane.


Just smelling the cupcakes baking made me feel like a little kid. I remember when Mom baked them and it was such a treat! Those were the days when everything depended on Mom and if she said you could have one or not. It's kind of funny now that I could eat the whole batch right now if I wanted, but that wouldn't be very fun. I almost miss having Mom say I could have one, or the great excitement I felt when she said, "I suppose you can have another." Hehhehehe!

5 comments:

Ali said...

Too bad we now know the consequences of having another! Aw, ignorance was bliss, wasn't it?! Those look delicious- great pictures of them too!

Granma Faye said...

Oh! I want to be happy, too! Can I have just one? I never bake anymore because I don't want to eat a whole batch of whatever. It's been FOREVER since I've had a black bottom cupcake! Maybe I need to give some goodie plates to the neighbors or to the ward members...then I can hold out two or three...or four or five treats. : )
Beautiful pictures, Holly. What lucky Mia Maids you have! ♥

Annaliese said...

Those do look quite delicious. I think I might even have had one of those at your house.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you could control how the white part appears on top so that you could make it look like a ghost or scary face for Halloween.

Summer said...

Funny holly! The title is perfect! Those make me happy too!
What a tease though. I have to see these yummy cupcakes but I don't get one!