Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy 3rd Anniversary!

These are the greatest containers. What makes them so great is that they all match!


Greg's been complaining about our old containers because he can never figure out which lid goes to which container. So I got some new ones that were cheap and flimsy and somehow I got two packages of slightly different ones, so then I couldn't even tell the difference either! It's so annoying to push the lid on and it not fit. So on Wednesday while I studied for my chem final (it was 7-10pm on our anniversary) Greg went out and got these new containers! They are a bit more sturdy than the other kind too. My favorite are these two little ones that I like to use for treats. That's like the "Bennett snack" that we always got as kids and still love.


Greg thinks they're cool because they click together like this. (I'm not really sure when that would actually be useful though.)


After my chemistry test Wednesday night Greg surprised me with a new plant! It's pretty English Ivy that has been growing around a wire stand so it has a nice shape.

On Thursday we celebrated our anniversary for reals. We went to Spokane to Christmas shop, go out to dinner, and do some work in the temple. It was nice to spend time wandering around the mall without having to rush or worry about getting home in time to study. Dinner was really good too. We went to Boston's The Gourmet Pizza.


I got penne pasta with creamy tomato sauce, chicken, and broccoli. It was delicious! They baked it with mozzarella cheese on top, and it was like pizza--only better! Greg got a ravioli kind of dinner with their special tomato basil sauce. Our waiter was really great too. He was nice (not pushy/annoying) and did things like bring us more bread sticks before we asked for them.

Then we went to the temple. It was beautiful. I always love doing work in the temple because I just feel happy and so much love for the people I'm serving and working with.



After the temple, we went to Dairy Queen and got some treats for the ride home. Overall, it was a great date!

5 comments:

Lory said...

I'm glad you had such a fun date and anniversary! And I'm jealous of your plastic containers. I hate not finding the lid I need! or having a ton of lids that fit no container! Boy, not sure which is more frustrating. Anyway, Happy Anniversary, Lory

Granma Faye said...

Sounds like an absolutely wonderful day!

I just got two of those tiny containers, too, for some of my sewing notions--loose hooks and eyes and safety pins. I also got two bigger ones for the larger things. I think they'll work great to keep stuff organized. Nifty little feature of them locking together but like you, I'm not sure when I'll use that. ?

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you could have such a nice time and nothing go wrong.

Summer said...

That's funny about those containers. i like the red lids!
Happy Anniversary. Glad you guys had a good time.
I DO still love that Bennett Snack. hahah I give that to Ginger now. :)