Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SNOW!!!

I woke up several times last night to the sound of the wind blowing rain against the
window so hard it sounded like tiny rocks. The last time I woke up, at about 6:30, I was amazed to see snow fluttering by my window! Oh no! My poor garden!

So I ran out on the deck and brought all my strawberries in to the stairwell so they don't freeze.



Then I grabbed some sheets and ran outside to cover the garden. Greg went out and helped me too. I covered the tomato plants, the peppers, zucchini, and cucumber plants. I think carrots are supposed to be ok in the cold. We'll see what happens with the onions and herbs.



I left my new little tree out there, because it's been outside all this time anyway. It seems to be doing ok.



The weather man on TV said it's not supposed to actually freeze in Pullman, but it feels pretty darn cold out there, and the snowflakes are getting bigger and bigger.
We'll just hope that the garden makes it.

4 comments:

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Yuck! My goodness Holly..Its supposed to be June and that should mean summer right? It sure doesn't feel like summer over here either :( Can't wait for it to be summer!!

Wendy Jean said...

I bet your getting tired of cold wet weather! I hope your garden survives! That's a lot of work to have it die off from late late snow. Come visit me in the 95 degree heat that hasn't let up for the last 4 weeks!

Granma Faye said...

Whoa--that's just crazy! Poor plants are all confused, just like us. I heard there was snow at Snoqualmie Pass and snow tires were advised. I can't remember EVER having this kind of weather. Last night the wind blew like crazy here and it was COLD--about 45. Where,oh where is summer? I suppose we'll get 95 degrees overnight, again, like we did a month ago. Talk about radical. Well, it makes for lively conversation! ♥

Granma Faye said...

Hey, I enlarged the picture of the strawberry plants in your stairwell and I see a couple of big red berries! These mature plants just might give you some great fruit. I'm glad you could transplant them and get them home from here. ♥