Friday, January 23, 2009

BREAD!!!

Another wonderful thing I got for Christmas is my BOSCH MIXER!




This heavenly industrial strength piece of kitchen equipment is the key to making really GOOD bread, and yesterday I did it for the first time!




The picture doesn't quite do it justice. It's larger than the regular bread you buy at the store, and it doesn't have any holes in it!

I got really excited when I saw it rising. It was a couple inches taller than it's ever gotten before when I just made it by hand. I was going nuts trying to find the camera. (Greg had it at school with him.) I also noticed that after having the Bosch mixer work on the dough for me the dough was nicer than I've ever seen before too. It was a lot, um, stronger? I don't know how to explain that. It just bounced back if I pulled a piece of it, like it was kind of rubbery.

6 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

Yes, Bosch mixers are indeed a fine thing and it really does make making bread so much easier. I love mine. Congratulations, just to warn you though - don't start looking at all the attachments! They are addictive.

Lory said...

Holly, Can I have a piece of bread-just a little warm with butter and that good plum jam! It looks wonderful. Mama Lory

Wendy Jean said...

looks good! glad you could get one.

Summer said...

I love my bosch too! I'm excited for you to have one. Did yours come with a blender?

Holly said...

yeah, it did come with a blender. We already have a really good blender though, so I probably won't use the bosch one unless I already have it out for the mixer part.

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Wow- i will have to look into getting one of those- it looks soo yummy!