Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Greg's Stocking

Hello,
I know Christmas is kind of behind us all now, but I haven't posted any Christmas stuff yet.

Greg's family doesn't have traditional stockings like we do. On Christmas morning all the kids would run out to the living room to find their Dad's socks stuffed with fun things sitting on the couch. One for each kid, and it had a big letter written with permanent marker on the toe so you know which one is yours. I think that's a fun tradition to have, but I really like my stocking, and I thought it would be fun to make a stocking for Greg, so this is it!


I was really proud of the stitches I did (with the machine, so I guess I didn't really do them).




The shape looks kind of funny. I just guessed and it came out pretty good. It's a little smaller than I meant it to be. Haha, When Greg unwrapped it and took the goodies out, he put it on his foot and it almost fit! (It's supposed to be a lot bigger than your actual socks.)



I also made him a pair of pajama pants, which he put on right over his pants while we were all sitting around opening presents at his parents. He always makes me laugh.

4 comments:

Ali said...

That looks great! You've been busy sewing away it sounds like!! Guess that's one of the best ways to ride out all that snow!?

Summer said...

cute stocking Holly

Kaela said...

Great stitching indeed! I tried to make a stocking when I was in high school and ended up throwing it away. They certainly are not as easy to make as they would seem:)

Lory said...

Holly, I'm glad Greg makes you laugh. He was real good at making me laugh-especially when he should have been in trouble. Mama Lory