Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Floods

Well, we've had a handful of people come today to get storage units because their homes flooded, or their roof caved in with all the heavy wet snow. It's good business for us, but I feel bad about their homes being ruined. As we were driving around today it looked like big rivers flowing down the streets and sidewalks in places. At one intersection we noticed that the water was gushing out of the storm drain...it looked really strange. I didn't have my camera with me, but maybe I can get a picture sometime.

2 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Ooooo, how weird...I've never seen water rushing up out of a drain before. Everywhere is overflowing. Poor people losing their homes and much of their belongings. : ( We saw a young mother on TV that had about an hour to grab whatever she could. She's in a motel with her two little children and hardly any of her stuff.

Summer said...

wow, sounds bad there.