Friday, June 25, 2010

Foil Pita Pizza!

For this week's activity my class of girls met at the park and made Pita Pizzas for dinner. We aren't able to have fire at the place we have Girl's Camp, so we had to take care of our cooking certification before we go to Girl's Camp. It was a fun activity and very simple to put together. I am looking forward to making these again with my family sometime.

Pita pocket bread
Pizza sauce
Pepperoni slices, ham, etc...
Mozzarella cheese
Olives
Heavy duty aluminum foil

1. Open pita pocket and spread about 1 tablespoon of sauce inside.

2. Fill pocket with meat, cheese, and whatever else you like.

3. Wrap in foil and seal well. (You may want to spray the foil with Pam first to help it not stick.) Set on coals (or camp stove) for 3-5 minutes per side.

4. Open foil and enjoy your dinner!



(Sorry, this is not my picture...I forgot the camera so I found a picture online.)

2 comments:

Granma Faye said...

What a cool idea! That makes a really great camp dinner entree. Hey, Holly, are you going to make those at Alder Lake next week-end? I bet Greg's family would love it. Rat! I wish I was gonna be there.

Summer said...

those look good