Thursday, August 5, 2010

California Trip (Day 8)


Saturday was our last day in California. We were going to have a big party at Grandma's to celebrate Lizzy's birthday with all the family and good number of friends too. (I took that picture just as Dan looked up. I was trying to get candid action pictures.)


In the morning we took our rental car back and got some party supplies. Greg's uncle had a large blow-up slide delivered to Grandma's back yard for the kids to play on. It was a water slide with small sprays of water at the top to keep the slide wet. I think the kids had a lot of fun playing on that. There was a little pool of water at the bottom of the slide to help cushion their landing.



Grandma was hard at work, decorating Lizzy's cake. I thought it was so cute to see all the little girls gathered around her while she was working. She was explaining how to do those fancy things on the cake while they watched.


I think the cake turned out really cute.





Lizzy liked her cake too.



They made the regular birthday cake for the adults to have and then they made cupcakes for all the kids to have. The kids all got to decorate their own cupcakes. They seemed to be having fun, and I thought it was a good idea too.


Through out the party I was torn between spending time with the family and trying to get packed up to go. We had to leave for the airport around 5pm. We said our goodbyes and then Carol drove us to the airport. We got home around 2:30am on Sunday. Greg and I both had lessons to teach at church, but it was ok because our church starts in the afternoon. After church I unpacked my things and then started packing again for Girl's Camp on Monday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot! I was doing just fine until I saw the picture with bowls of chips. grrr! Now I have to get some chips and salsa or I'll die.

Granma Faye said...

Wow, a whirlwind of activity there at the end! Coming home and turning around to repack for camp...ugh. I'd still be suffering travel fatigue and withdrawal from having to leave family. Glad you had such a good time and a nice few days together. I LOVE that big water slide! Lucky kids! That cake is adorable, too. Fun!

Annaliese said...

I think you should've sung "I'm a little teapot" instead of "Happy birthday" with a cake like that:)

Summer said...

wow, I got way behind on blogging.
I love all the pictures you posted Holly. The beach looks so inviting and Disney land looks so fun! I would love to see that water show! That's neat you've been able to do so much this summer. Glad Girls came went so well. I like that tea pot on the cake too. that was cute.