Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pumpkin Pie!

(It's kind of puffed up when you first pull it out of the oven...it sinks as it cools.)


This is the best pumpkin pie I've ever had. My mom would make it for us every year, and now I love to make it too! It's super easy, and there's no dry icky crust. (Sorry, I'm not a fan of pie crusts.)

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Bisquick
2 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
1 can evaporated milk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
16 oz can pumpkin (I found 15 oz can, worked fine)
2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp vanilla

(If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, use 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp allspice, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pie pan. Beat all ingredients until smooth. Pour into pie pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean.

Serve warm or cold with whipped cream. Yum!

3 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Yes, and I got that recipe from my mom! Yum, yum. Just plop some whipped cream on top and you're in business. So quick and easy and so good. :)

Anonymous said...

Everybody has to make this. Its easy and fast. Not having a crust is like someone already picked all the bones out of the fish for you.

Linda said...

Yummy pumpkin pie, I have one cooking in the slow cooker right now should be done in another hour.Mine doesn't have a crust either. Very similar to blender pies that were crustless that was so popular about 20 years ago. I put a pinch of orange peel in my pie, Joe's Mom always made her pumpkin pie like that.
Love Aunt Linda