Saturday, November 3, 2007

Annaliese Tagged Me

So, I'm supposed to tell you 6 habits or facts about me....

1. I'm currently obsessed with Harry Potter.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I listen to the books on CD read by Jim Dale, and they are very entertaining. I have actually listened to it once or twice from the moment I got up in the morning to when I went to bed at night. (Of course, that's when Greg is out on a boy-scouts camping trip.) I just push play and then do whatever chores I have made for myself, and our apartment is so small I can hear it where ever I am. In fact, I'm listening to it now. And when I'm not listening to it, I hear Jim Dale in my head narrating my life as if I were in a Harry Potter book.

2. I'm very excited about food storage and provident living.


(Yes, this is just one of the creative spaces I found to store food...next to the bed)
I can't wait for next year when I can start growing a real garden (I've just been growing tomatoes and things in pots) and use the fresh veggies as I pick them.

3. I also love to cook and bake.


If I don't have anything to do, I will plan out meals and try to come up with something new to make. A couple days ago I sat down with my cookbooks and found recipes for dinners I thought would be good, then planned out our dinners for the month. From that I made a grocery list and went shopping. I also like this because it's easier to stay in control of your grocery spending and keep shopping trips to a minimum (to reduce impulse buying).

4. I love to make lists, and I'm fairly self-motivated. If I don't already have a plan for the day, I sit down and think of all the chores around the house that need to be done and other things like registering for classes or practicing the piano. I feel kind of unfulfilled or like I don't have a purpose if I don't organize and decide what I should be doing for each part of my day. I also put play time with friends on the list because that's important too. If I don't write it on the list, I feel like I'm taking a break when I shouldn't be.

5. Going along with #4, I just decided that it's kind of fun being sick. Not throwing up sick, but just sick enough. I've been sick the last couple days with an annoying runny nose cold that makes me feel extra tired and worn out easily. So I don't feel guilty staying home, taking a nap and drinking lots of juice. Greg is also very good at taking care of me, so that's fun too. I'll be glad to get back to normal life again though--I can only enjoy laying around for so long, and then that sense of "need to get things done" starts to kick in again.

6. Um, I'm running out of things....I don't like bugs in my house.


In fact, I don't like any living thing in my house that's not people. We cannot figure out how or why, but crickets have been getting in our house. Not every day, but maybe once in a week or two I will find a little black spider-looking cricket that crawls by slowly. They seem to be half dead when I find them, and I thought they might be coming in because it's getting really cold out. Also, even though I keep a clean house (and kitchen especially), almost all our neighbors are boys and most likely don't stay clean. One of the boys was talking to me and said that he's afraid of bugs. When he sees a cricket or spider in his house, he puts a cup upside-down covering it and waits for about a week until he thinks it's dead. Then he picks up the cup and kicks the corps under the fridge or couch. He's got upside-down cups all over the place in his apartment! Yuck!

7. I like to be active outside. I used to love running, which I've replaced with walking after some knee-injuries in my teen years. I also love to ride my bike.


Greg got me a nice road bike for my birthday and I have enjoyed riding around here in the Great Palouse. There's a nice paved car-wide trail that goes from Pullman-to Moscow, and we also discovered an endless paved car-wide trail that's good for biking a couple hours north. It used to be train tracks, but the trains stopped using that area, so they paved it all and it's just miles and miles of trail that goes through beautiful countryside with forest, fields, swamps, the lake and river, and mountains to look at while you're chugging along. (That's where we went for the camping trip I talked about awhile ago and have a slide show going on the side bar) I love the Great Outdoors!

8. I love music. I like to listen to almost any music that is uplifting. I love to sing and play the piano. I sing in the Idaho Washington Concert Chorale (http://www.iwchorale.org/default.htm), as well as our ward choir. I also like to make music by recording myself sing all the parts of a song and putting it together with the mixer and computer to make a whole choir of Holly. (Greg is the real expert though and helps with the production part a lot.)


I kind of have this distant dream of writing songs and just making music from home that I'd sell at the church bookstores....however, any time I've ever tried to come up with something original, I always find myself humming the tune to a hymn I sang in church the last Sunday...

9. I just realized I lost track of how many things I was supposed to come up with. I was thinking 10 but it's actually 6....So this can the last one... I like anything artsy. (I painted the picture, snake and frog who are posing so nicely.)


Not that I'm super talented at anything in particular...I just like making or creating things. I love to scrapbook, sew (which I'm just learning how), draw, paint, and do other hands-on craft things.


I would also classify making music and making food stuffs in the same category, as they are all things that I work to make. I also really enjoyed a construction job I had during the summer--helping build a friend's house. I always prefer the "up and going/doing" kind of job over the "sitting-at-a desk-kind" of job.

I guess I'm supposed to tag somebody now, however, I've decided not to tag anybody because everybody's blog that I've read in the last two days has already been tagged in a similar fashion. If you would like to list facts about yourself on your blog, you have my permission and may consider yourself tagged. =)

3 comments:

Ali said...

Holly, your food storage and preparation inspires me! I can't wait until Jeff and I are in a more permanent place so we can start doing some REAL serious food storage. We have some now, but I want to get down the the nitty gritty of it and I'll have to ask you for some tips. I am a list maker too! It's almost theraputic, huh? I would love to hear some of your songs...now everytime I go to deseret book, I'll have to look for you name on production or something--- go for the dream!!

Kaela said...

I am with Ali! I loved learning more about your hobbies and interests, likes and dislikes. You are quite the talented girl:)

Summer said...

We had some good laughs reading this post. That was grose about the guy with all the upside down cups. hahahhaha Mom read it to us. Good job with your food storage!