Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pretty Snowflake Ornaments!


I found this online and thought it looked like fun. I think I got everything at Michael's or Joann's, except for the corsage pins. You should be able to get them at a flower shop. They sold them to me for 10 cents a piece, so each ornament works out to be about $1.50 once you get all the supplies. It was fun to pick out the beads--I spent a very long time in the store comparing and matching beads together to see what would look nice with the pearl ends. It's a good decoration on the tree or anywhere else in the house!

Here's the link so you can get the supplies and directions:
http://www.bhg.com/bhg/story.jsp?storyid=/templatedata/bhg/story/data/13979.xml

7 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Yeah, these are really pretty. We made them when Holly and Greg came for Thanksgiving. A fun and easy craft thing to do while visiting. It seems to work well to dip the end of each pin in Tacky glue after you put on the beads and before you stick it into the cork. That's not on the directions but it ensures the pin stays put. This would make a nice gift to deliver when visiting teaching. Fun! ♥

Ali said...

These are gorgeous! Thanks for the tip and idea...and the link to the idea too- that way, I can store it away as reference to DO someday! It's fun to see a post from you again...I've been missing them!!

Summer said...

Those are so pretty. I wanna make some. I was just thinking that would be fun to do at Christmas when we're together, but I guess you already did. oh well. that would be fun to pick out the beads.

Granma Faye said...

Oooo, Holly, I like the blue background and Cookie Monster! Cute!
And Sum, Holly was saying we could make more of those ornaments at Christmas. She almost left all the beads here but decided to take them and bring them back in December. ♥

Kaela said...

Very pretty! I would love to see how yours turned out!! I'm so glad to hear you liked my Christmas music:) Thanks for the 'Butterscotch' recommendation too. She was really fun to watch.

Wendy Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy Jean said...

Those are pretty, Holly! I bet Max and Zach would like making them. That would also be a good RS Enrichment/Super Saturday project. Fun!