Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter!

I had a great Easter this last weekend. All week I was looking forward to Summer and her family coming to visit, and I worked right up to the last minute to get stuff done so I could just play when they were here. (It's very busy for storage units right now.)



So Summer and Glen finally got here, and Greg got home about the same time. He kept saying how hungry he was, so I started making dinner. But right as I was getting everything out then he suddenly wanted to go for a walk and show Summer and Glen around the facility...as if it's such a beautiful place. Ha! I hurried and put everything back away and we went outside and walked all the way around all the storage units. Then we turned a corner and I saw a car parked, and at the same moment I saw a guy climbing up the retaining wall, holding a camera, and Greg said in a commanding voice, "Uh Sir, what do you think you're doing?" I was embarrassed that he was talking to the guy like that without giving him a chance to explain. Then something clicked and I realized it was Dad! And then Mom came out from behind the car and we all hugged. What a fun surprise!


So we all went back inside and had the best homemade pizza for dinner. Summer and her family stayed at our house and Mom and Dad stayed at a nice hotel on the other side of town. The time went by so fast! We got to do lots of fun things: Swimming, Lunch at Mongolian Grill, finding Easter baskets, my birthday party, and a nice breakfast at Mom and Dad's hotel Sunday morning. We stayed right up to the last minute and then Greg and I both had to go teach lessons the third hour of church. It was hard to say goodbye, and I felt sad to come home to an empty quiet house.

Summer made this for Greg's Easter basket. I thought it was such a cute idea!



This is my Easter basket (white) and the one I made for Greg (purple).


I'm excited to play with my new birthday things. Today I watched Pride and Prejudice from the set of movies from Mom and Dad, and I've already played a lot of songs out of the new piano book Greg got for me. He got a nice piano cover too. I cleaned the piano keys really good today so they will stay nice and dust-free now.



Summer and Glen got me some dinosaur eggs. Haha, at first I thought they were just those kind that you put in water and they get bigger because they're made out of foam. I told Summer they would be my new bath toy. Haha! She said, "They get this big!" and showed me about two inches with her fingers. I thought, "Oh, big deal, I've seen these toys that get way bigger than that." Then she started tell me how I have to feed them at the right time, and as they grow they do lots of flips and spin around in the water.


I figured it out as I read the package and found that they are actually living little animals! I don't understand how the eggs can sit in a container for years and then come to life when they get wet...Anyway, I want to go get a fish bowl to put my little Triops in. I'll put some pictures up on my blog as they're growing. I feel like I'm graduating from plants to animal life. Maybe someday I'll graduate from animals to children. =)

Don't the guys look so happy to celebrate my birthday with me?



Summer looks cute in her pink pajamas!



This is the lovely ham Mom brought for dinner. We were supposed to have that with dinner rolls and salad, but we ran out of time and just picked up burgers instead. I cooked it tonight but kind of felt sad to have it and nobody to share it with.


I wish we all could live closer and be together always!

5 comments:

Kaela said...

Wow- what a great Easter it looks like you had. The ham, the cake, the gifts and best of all, the company:) You are so lucky to have Pride and Prejudice! One of these days I am going to get that series. I remember one Easter Sunday in college me and my roomimes spent the WHOLE day watching it. It was a good day:) Those dinosaurs look cool too. I am going to have to remember to get those for Kaden some day!

Granma Faye said...

Yeah, that was a fun time, Holly. I loved being able to surprise you and Summer with our visit. (Dad looks like he's got extra goodies to eat...holding two bowls, his and yours while you took the picture. hahaha--big ole Cake and Cookie Monster I'm glad we could be there for both Easter and your birthday and I know the guys had fun even if they look dead bored in the picture. They were actually pretty enthusiastic about the cake. Who wouldn't be? Yum! ♥

Wendy Jean said...

I'm glad you could have a fun weekend with everyone. Sorry you had all that food to yourself though. Wish I could come over and help you eat the ham! Yum!!

Summer said...

Glen and I laughed at this post. The picture of him and greg is so funny! That's funny about the dinosaur eggs too. I'm excited to see some pics of them. I hope they work out and don't die. I guess you could always get more though if you mail that thing in. yeah, the time went so fast but at least we enjoyed every minute of it.
That cake was a nice ending to the weekend..actually I guess it was the breakfast. haha that was good to.

Ethatch said...

Sounds like a really fun birthday Holly...isn't being with family the GREATEST!!!