Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kelley Chocolate Cake Recipe

Greg always makes this special chocolate cake for my birthday. It's so delicious! It's denser than a cake mix and very moist...I can't get enough of it!



Kelley Chocolate Cake:

350 degree 40-45 min.
Put water on to boil, you will need 1 cup boiling water-

Mix these together and let stand. (This makes sour milk)
1 cup milk
1 T cider vinegar

Mix together dry ingredients in separate bowl:
2 1/2 cup flour
2 T flour
2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/4 t baking powder

Cream butter, then add the following ingredients one at a time:
1 c butter-softened

2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately-1/3ish at a time


Then carefully add:
1 cup boiling water
1t vanilla extract

Mix Well. Batter will be very thin.

Pour into greased and floured 9"x13" pan

Bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees


Icing:
¼ CUP BUTTER
2 CUPS POWDER SUGAR
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp coffee
3 tablespoons cocoa

(I think you can just use a little milk if you don't want to use the coffee.)

4 comments:

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Yummmm- can't wait to try t:) Thnaks for sharing!

Granma Faye said...

This was the most yummy cake! I just LOVED it when it was still warm from the oven and the icing sort of melted over it. Add a scoop of ice cream and...you're in heaven. Ahhhh I don't dare make it unless we have company to help us eat it! I'd eat the whole thing myself. ♥

Summer said...

happy birthday holly!!!

Ethatch said...

I second Summer's comment!