Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jam!


I saw Safeway had a really great deal on Strawberries a couple days ago, but it wasn't until I saw Annie's blog that the idea to make jam came along.


I never thought I'd make jam with strawberries because they're usually so expensive. Anyway, I made a couple batches of strawberry jam and a couple batches of blackberry-strawberry jam with the blackberries from my freezer. (Mom and Dad brought a bunch of blackberries for a surprise awhile ago...I just used the last bag for this jam.)

Greg helped me prepare the strawberries.


It was a lot of work to core and chop them all. He ended up chopping them in half or quarters and then using the food processor to chop them smaller.

It smelled so good while I was cooking the berries! I just wanted to drink it! It looked like some kind of pink love potion Harry Potter or Hermione might brew up in Potions class.


Both kinds taste great! And they look pretty in the jars too!

5 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

I'm glad they turned out well... It's a lot easier to do than one would think. Yea and as for preping the strawberries, I probably wasted a lot of strawberry by just chopping off the top instead of coring them - but I was very interested in just getting it done. Enjoy your jam!

Ali said...

There is nothing better than homemade strawberry jam in my opinion!! (on toast, of course) It does look all pretty in your jars :)

Summer said...

Yum! I want some of that berry potion. :)

Granma Faye said...

Looks really good, Holly. Very pretty! ♥

Wendy Jean said...

those strawberries look SO good! it would be heaven with those strawberries and cool whip - yum! your jam looks wonderful!