Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Beautiful


I was having kind of a bad day--dealing with rude or angry customers. It started to rain very hard and the sky was so gray it almost felt like night time in the house. The dark shadows added to my dark mood and I just felt awful.
Greg called me from school and asked me to bring him dinner. I brought him some food, and then went home. Just as I was pulling up to our driveway the sun came out from behind the clouds and brightened the whole sky. The rain stopped just as I walked into the house. When I got upstairs I happened to look out the window and see the brightest most vibrant rainbow I've ever seen! It was beautiful! It was actually a double rainbow, the outer one a little fainter, but I could see both all the way from end to end.














(The pictures look kind of dark--the colors were actually a bit brighter.) It was a nice reminder that I really needed, that life isn't that bad. The things that go wrong or upset me can't really take away my eternal perspective and the joy that comes with it.

So I hope this rainbow brightens your day too!

3 comments:

Granma Faye said...

I just love those brilliant, vivid-colored rainbows. They're so beautiful and it feels like such a bonus to see a double one. That was one of those little "pick-me-ups" that you enjoyed because you just happened to take a minute to look up and notice. What perfect timing to brighten your mood and your day. It's a really nice feeling and helps put things in perspective sometimes.

Lory said...

Holly, It is great when we are reminded that there is a rainbow in all that rain :) Beautiful pictures, a beautiful person to share it. God Bless!

Summer said...

I love rainbows. Only once was I able to see the whole half of an arch.