Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My little garden

I just wanted to show off my cute little garden. It's still in the house because it's too cold outside. The bigger plants are red and yellow bell peppers. In the square containers I have jalapeno, yellow jalapeno, serrano, and anaheim peppers growing. The other tray with circles that look empty are growing two types of tomatoes as well as tomatillos. These trays are pretty much devoted to salsa.


These are the cantaloupe plants. I started them about a month ago. I'm anxious to plant them outside as they are starting to get bigger and look for places to creep along. You can grow them on a trellis or let them spread out on the ground. I like watching the little "feelers" that grow and search for a hold. They find something and then curl up tight making cute little spirals.



I have another tray of circle containers that have acorn, yellow crooked neck, delicata, and buttercup squash. I just planted them last week though, so it would be a boring picture of plain soil. I'm sure you'll see the plants here in a few weeks. By then everybody will be living in the garden and hopefully growing well.

2 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Fresh salsa...here I come! Looks like you'll be busy. Don't forget to have some Costco chips on hand to go with it. Yum! It's cool all those things will grow in your climate. ♥

Lory said...

I am very, very jealous of your sun! And glad that you enjoy it. We had company recently who really enjoyed our variety of homemade jam. Thanks for sharing your hard work. :)