Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Finally!

I FINALLY finished the curtains for the front room! This project has taken FOR-EVER since we have 7 windows in this apartment. You may recall (from almost a year ago) that all the windows in our apartment were covered with nasty old broken blinds. I had thought for a moment about cleaning all the blinds for all the windows, but considering the state of them I decided quickly that it was not worth it. They had been poorly installed (before we lived here), and most of them broke and fell out of the window at one time or another when I pulled the string to open them. How annoying! This project has just dragged on because I lost excitement for it by the time I was working on the third window. The job got old too fast. Also, it's kind of hard to keep my sewing stuff out and messy around the house for very long.


Anyway, I hope I don't have to make that many curtains again for a very long time. Hopefully I'll get to pick out cute or pretty material and it will be for my own house instead of a rental. That will probably make it more fun and exciting.

1 comment:

Granma Faye said...

Yeah, that's one of those never-ending (it seems) projects that you can't wait to just be done with! It's much more rewarding when you're making nice stuff for your own place. It's too much work to leave at someone else's place. ♥