Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ta Da!

Greg called and asked me to bring him dinner at school. I thought it looked so good I wanted to take a picture.


Anyway, while we were on the phone he was standing outside looking at a trailer. He was quiet for a second and then burst out, "Hey! I know why that trailer looks so familiar! I designed it on Solid Works!"


Sometime last semester Greg had spent hours and hours working on his computer to design this trailer thing.


I'm not sure what it's for...But the school had hired him to design the solid model of it for them.


It was cool to actually see this big thing that he dreamed up in his mind. He designed every single little detail of this whole trailer. Wow, It's like magic!

7 comments:

Carrissa Hellewell said...

The food looks like it belongs on the food network, good job! :) And thats amazing that Greg designed that trailer, what would it be like to have something you designed sitting in real life in front of you? :)

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine the feeling of staring at that trailer and thinking, "Gee, I've seen this somewhere before. Hmmm. Oh yeah! I designed it!" I seem to have moments like that more often these days.

You'd think that should count for something - Greg is obviously not just a "student." He's already engineering stuff - the trailer, the robot, and the race car. I think he's going to be a very useful employee somewhere.

sacks

Lory said...

Greg and Holly, I'm so proud of you both! Holly, I love your real life pictures-sometimes dinner does look good enough to take a picture. Makes me want to be close enough to join you for dinner! Greg, Great job on your trailer, what a great experience-to see it "for real" Love you both, Lory

Unknown said...

that's looks super yummy, and congrats greg(even though you don't know me) that's really cool!

Ali said...

I am salivating...not because of the fish below, but your dinner! YUM!!

Granma Faye said...

That dinner looks sooo good, Holly. Greg is lucky to have you fix him such good, nutritous food. And it's attractive, too. : )

That is really pretty cool that Greg could see his creation made in real life. Kudos to Greg! That's impressive. I remember when he designed that. ♥

Summer said...

that's cool!