Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Green house is done!


Well, mostly done. We might make some adjustments so it's easier to get into, but for now it's working to help harden off the plants and get them used to living outside. They seem to be doing well today, so I think it's OK and not too hot in there. I'm excited to do the planting in the ground.





We duct taped some boards inside the plastic to hold it down on the sides. Both ends are easy to open and you can crawl inside through the strings. I might make some cuts on the sides (covered in duct tape so it does rip) and make places where I can open the sides.

Next on the list is to cover the old pepper box from last year with plastic so I can plant the cantaloupe out there too. Fun!

6 comments:

Kaela said...

WOW!!! It looks great! Can't wait to see what kind of stuff you will be able to get once things are growing and producing!

Lory said...

Holly and Greg,

How wonderful! Are you guys getting the sun we are over here? Your plants will love it! Ellie and I, Along with our friends Jack and Kate spent the morning at the farm in Puyallup. Our lunch was frozen blue berries and fresh baked fococia under a tree next the ducks and 2 month old chicks. It was beautiful and relaxing! All our fingers and tongues were blue! Along with the kids' chins, cheeks, arms.... God Bless, Lory

Granma Faye said...

That looks like a really good greenhouse, Holly. It's big! Should be a good starting place for all the babies! : ) ♥

Anonymous said...

You've been busy! Looks great. Let us know when we need to show up and help harvest. :0)

mologe

Ali said...

Wow, it looks amazing and HUGE! Great job!

Summer said...

that looks really good! I'm impressed! I'm counting on you wanting to come down and help me with my garden next year. :)