Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I found a friend....

....Who loves plants as much as I do! We made friends with a new young couple at church, and Mason knows all about plants. He studied horticulture and is going towards his masters right now. It's fun to ask him questions and let him tell me about different kinds of plants.

We had dinner at their house tonight. When I got there the first thing I noticed was the cool baskets of nicely arranged plants everywhere! He has a little business where he makes these baskets with a few types of plants that are complimentary arranged in baskets with decorative rock or moss. I would love to learn how to do that! Then at the end of dinner he gave me this one!





They are all succulents, and they just need to be watered about every two weeks. The Easter Cactus will flower eventually, and that taller one in the back will grow up big like a tree in about 20 years, says Mason. If you're still around then I'll post another picture for you.

2 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Oh, that IS a cute little basket, Holly. I'm not big on cactus but that arrangement looks nice. Mom always had a Christmas cactus and I liked the pretty blooms on it. Now there's one of those where I work and it always makes me remember Mom's. It's nice to have a friend that can answer most if not all of your plant questions! ♥

Summer said...

Glen likes Cactus! He would love something like that. Those plants look so neat!