Friday, October 16, 2009

Fresh Pizza Sauce!

When it was getting close to freezing outside we covered the tomatoes with a tarp and set up a little heater at night time so they wouldn't die. Today I uncovered them and picked all the ripe tomatoes. I was glad so many did turn red! It's supposed to be a little warmer for the next few days, so I'm hoping a few more will ripen.


Tonight I chopped the tomatoes and made this pizza sauce. I'll probably make pizza tomorrow and freeze the rest of the sauce. It's so much better than store bought sauce! Yum!

2 comments:

Granma Faye said...

I'm glad you could salvage some of the last of your tomatoes. But, now, that picture of the pizza sauce looks kinda uckky. It's the color. I'm sure the sauce tastes great! Happy pizza baking. I remember that yummy looking crust at Winco. Sounds so good. ♥

Summer said...

that looks like good sauce! nice and thick, not too runny