Thursday, October 1, 2009

Leaf Project

Part of the fun of school is doing cool projects like this leaf collection. I got the assignment in class and then went straight to visit Summer in Oregon after school. I thought that was great because I could collect a bunch of leaves that other students in the class wouldn't be able to find in Pullman. So Greg and I collected leaves from all the plants at the Chandler's garden/yard, and then when we all went on a walk I collected leaves from every plant I passed.


When I got home I read the assignment again and found at the very end that extra credit would be given to the students who completed the project using the least amount of leaves. So I ended up using 9 instead of the 30 or so I thought I would use. I was actually disappointed to not use most of the leaves we got. I want to figure out some kind of artsy craft thing to do with the left overs now. They're so pretty that I feel bad throwing them away.


So this is my project. Since I couldn't use all the leaves I decided to pick my favorites and decorate the front page with them.




I enjoyed this so much that I thought I might do something similar as a "Quiet book" for our kids to have in church when they're little.

4 comments:

Lory said...

I like your book, and your fun way of admiring God's creation! It's fascinating how different the leaves are-and only a glimmer at how each of us are sooo unique!

Ali said...

Those pages of leaves would look cool framed- I love it! This would be a fun project to do with kids someday too. You are going to be FULL of knowledge for your inquisitive ones when they ask you all sorts of questions about nature. Me on the other hand, I'll just have my kids call YOU :)

Granma Faye said...

Those pages look cool, Holly. It is pretty amazing the humongus variety of leaves you can find in just a little area of the world! You did a nice job displaying them.
: ) ♥

Summer said...

Those look neat all layed out like that. I like Ali's idea of framing some of them.