Thursday, October 15, 2009

The worst goggles ever!


We have to wear the worst goggles ever for my chemistry class. If I could find a good set somewhere I'd get them, but they only offer these horrid things at the Bookie and the chemistry club sold the same kind too.


There's no place for your nose, so it just pushes really hard on the bridge of your nose and across your forehead.


It's so awful that now, 4 HOURS after I took the things off my face there is STILL a line on my forehead! It's kind of embarrassing to walk around like a nerd with a line on my forehead. It hurts too! My face is so irritated afterwards that I can't stand to even put my glasses back on.


Oh well. My partner and I just finished all of our lab report tonight so I'm really happy right now. Usually I spend hours working on the report at home by myself, and then try to squeeze in to the tutorial room to get help after getting really frustrated with it. We decided today to go straight to the night tutor hours after lab and do it together. So after spending from 2pm to 5:30pm doing chemistry, we took a little break for dinner and did more chemistry from 7pm to 9pm. I'm so GLAD it's DONE!

I'm rewarding myself with the fun activities of listening to a Harry Potter book and washing the dishes and putting away laundry. What a joy!

10 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Oh, hahaha, Holly. That picture is kinda funny. Sorry, don't mean to make fun of you...but I still have to smile. Yeah, that's kinda dumb to have the line on your forehead. You should see the imprints I have on my cheeks from the CPAP that run from my nose up to my ears! hahahaha It's amazing how long they show up--hours! Dr. Peters took me by the shoulders and turned me into the light to examine my face, wondering what he was seeing. hahahha Oh well.
Congrats on getting yer stuff done! You needed a better way to celebrate, though. How 'bout a movie and a hot fudge sundae? : )
Love you ♥

Holly said...

Mmmm, yeah. Hot fudge sunday DOES sound good!

Annaliese said...

Maybe those goggle marks will start a new fashion trend. Were you around when Richard and Thomas started that goggle fetish at stake dances?

Holly said...

Haha, no, I don't remember the goggle thing at dances. Those guys were always so funny.

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Cute!! I swear I remember having the same exact ones for my chem class...and your right, they were awful!

Lory said...

Holly, Can you wear swim goggles? I have a clear pair on my table that no one will claim. I could send them your way with your book "the Christmas Box" It was a good story! You are doing good with chemistry. I started it 3 times before I passed it. We had to memorize that ridiculous periodic table. the first 2 times I couldn't memorize the table. the 3rd time I did and went on in the class and loved it!

Ali said...

ouch!! Not only the goggles make me sad in this picture, but doing the dishes is a reward after doing chemistry all day long? This makes me sick to my stomache. You should treat yourself to icecream more often rather than dishes :)

Wendy Jean said...

Now that I see the picture of you with the line on your head I remember my lab goggles doing that to me also. I hated having to go anywhere after class because it looked dumb and my hair was usually screwed up too.

Summer said...

I hate those goggles too! what a pain to have the line on your forehead. Can you loosen them at all?

Kaela said...

I have to say you look goggles make good, but I feel for you in that picture with your goggle lines:( I agree with Ali on the ice cream suggestion too ;)