Saturday, January 16, 2010

More crafts!

My Christmas vacation really was full of crafty projects! That was fun! It made up for all the time I didn't do crafty things last semester.

The last project was a hot pad. Greg's Mom taught me how to make it. It was kind of like a mini quilt lesson, because I learned how to make the pattern and sew the little pieces together. If I made a bunch of those squares, I could sew them all together to make a quilt. I would like to do that sometime. It would be really fun to pick out all the materials to make a quilt.


And by the way, it matches pretty well with my table cloth and the basket!

4 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Hi Holly, I'm here at your Mom and Dad's place for dinner. Looking at your blog and wanted to tell you how cool your basket looks. It's really nice!! The Christmas pics were really fun to look at, too. I'm glad we could all be together for Christmas! Take care you two. I love you guys. Much love, Aunt Mary.
P.S. I loved your fruit plate. Very nice. ;0)

Carolyn said...

That's really cute, Holly. You should make a quilt, I think you'd be really good at it. I think picking out the fabric and pattern is the funnest part. :)

Kaela said...

Pretty!! Wat to go matching everything so well!!!

Kaela said...

I mean way.. not wat...oops! Hahaha;D