Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


I thought my girls would have fun with the black bottom cupcakes if they were green for St. Patrick's Day. Not very much green is showing on top, but when you bite in, all the cream cheese filling inside is bright green too. I put green sprinkles on top but they didn't really show very well. I'm still trying to think of a way to tie these treats into my lesson of "Appreciating the Bishop." Hmmm.


I decided I should probably just go ahead and take a bite to be sure the green really was still there... Yum!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

I made some of those this week too - they are Lyndsey's favorites and she took them to school for her birthday. So yummy!

Granma Faye said...

Ummm...good! Tomorrow I'm making the peanut butter cookies. I'm wondering how they'll turn out with me rolling them and cutting them out like sugar cookies. I think green sugar sprinx will get lost in the brown color of the cookie--like they did on your cupcakes. I bought some green frosting in the plastic bottle (like Elmer's glue) and I'll outline the clover leaves in green, unless it just looks sick. ? What the heck...all dried up, brown clover leaves that still taste good! : ) hahahaa

Annaliese said...

your yw are so lucky!

Anonymous said...

Is it St. Patrick's Day? Why doesn't anybody tell me these things!

Granma Faye said...

I forgot to say: I just love all those cute pictures in green!

Granma Faye said...

Just a follow-up. I made peanut butter cookies yesterday. I didn't even try to roll them out because the dough is very sticky but I rolled the little balls and patted them flat then used my clover cookie cutter. That worked OK. Alot more time consuming. The green sugar sprinx kinda does look sick on the brown, though. I made about a dozen that way and then gave up, making the rest in the traditional way. Off to work they go this morning. Yum.

Summer said...

that's fun to color them green.