Friday, March 19, 2010

Total Eclipse of the Heart

In high school these people came and gave a presentation using this song. It was about what can happen when teenagers go crazy and turn to drugs and sex and suicide instead of asking for help from their family and friends. They used this song and acted out those things, showing one teenager go off the deep end and eventually commit suicide....and then her family crying at her funeral. It went on to show another teenager almost do the same thing, but then he was rescued by his friends and family...All while this song was playing. It was actually very powerful and I remember it vividly almost 8 years later. A lot of the students in the audience were actually crying.

So I decided to go looking for that online to see if they ever made a video of it, or maybe find a related website. First I found the actual music video that was made for the song at the time. I shed a few tears, but they were tears of laughter. What the heck were they thinking when they made this video?



And then I found this video that made me cry from laughing even more.



I never knew--this is actually a pretty popular thing to do. You can find tons of funny music videos with the words changed. It's kind of fun to check them out if you have some time and nothing better to do...

4 comments:

Kami said...

I've seen that "literal" version of Total Eclipse of the Heart but didn't find it as funny as the "literal version of Take On Me". I was laughing so hard I cried. Mostly because I remember that video being so COOL when it was made. It won artistic awards and everything. I still think it's cool, but when you dissect it frame by frame it becomes pretty dang funny!

Anonymous said...

Oh my bizarreness! Literal version or not - that video is about the number one most wacked thing I've seen - especially considering it was done in all seriousness.

Great, now I'm going to be stuck all night on YouTube watching these goofball videos.

Summer said...

woah! so did the teacher fall in love with a student and then fantasize about all her students dancing around her in black diapers and glowing eyes? I'm so confused. I don't know if I'll like that song ever again! ahahahhaah now I'll watch the second video.

Granma Faye said...

Hahahaha...I like "bright eyes"...creepy glowing. Looks perfect for Halloween. : )