Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yum!

Brownie Mallow Bars

1 box of Fudge Brownie Mix
10.5 oz bag of miniature marshmallows
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp butter or margarine
1.5 cups crisp rice cereal

Bake brownies according to package directions in 9 x 13 pan. At end of baking time, remove brownies from oven and pour all the marshmallows on top. Bake 3 minutes. (Marshmallows will not be completely melted.) Cool.

In a saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal. Spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or until firm before cutting.



They are pretty gooey, so it is good to keep them cold. They are really easy to make and my girls loved them last night at mutual!

I got this from my favorite cookbook: 2004 Taste of Home's Quick Cooking. Thanks Mom!

3 comments:

Granma Faye said...

What an interesting combination: rice crispy cereal and brownie mix! hummm....I think I'll make that, too, and take it to work sometime. Or, maybe I should make it and take it when we go see Summer. One way or the other, I'm going to try them. They look so good. That picture is making my mouth water. : )

Granma Faye said...

P.S. Nice, springy, Eastery blog colors/design, Holly.

Summer said...

oh wow, those look so good!