Thursday, July 29, 2010

California Trip (Day 4 )

(I hope my long posts aren't boring for you. Mostly I'm using my blog as a journal for myself.)


We had planned to go to Disney Land on Tuesday, but we got home so late from the Art Festival that we decided to have Tuesday be a slow day to relax a little, and then go to Disney Land on Wednesday instead.

We had a lazy morning, and then for lunch we got Subway sandwiches for a picnic at the park with Grandma and Chrissy. It was a perfect day with beautiful weather and a breeze to keep us cool. We had our sandwiches and shared stories at a picnic table under some trees. Grandma told us about when she trained to be a lifeguard, and I talked about some things things I learned in school. I'm glad we could take time to just visit and enjoy each other's company.


In the evening, Greg went with Dan's family to play laser tag and get pizza for dinner. They had a fun time, and I'm sure Dan's kids slept well that night. I had planned to go too, but I was feeling a need for some quiet time to recharge. I'm not used to having so many events and things in such a short time. I was glad too that I stayed home because I was able to get a picture of Chrissy in her Karate clothes. She went to a Karate lesson that night and was pretty excited about it when they got home.

1 comment:

Lory said...

That sounds like a perfect vacation day, relaxing and down time to visit! And then the unexpected treat of experiencing Chrissy's karate excitement when she got home. I love your vacation journal/posts!