Sunday, July 18, 2010

Girl's Camp is coming up!



I'm excited to go to Girl's Camp again this year. I wasn't able to go last summer because I couldn't afford to miss a week of my math class, but this summer I'm not in school. Our stake uses Camp Wooten for Girl's Camp. They have cabins and a kitchen/cafeteria, and bathrooms with showers. Some girls say that isn't really camping, but I think it's nice to have a shower and regular toilets to use. It is kind of lame that we can't have fire and cook our own food though.

We have 9 girls and 2 leaders in each cabin, and our ward was assigned a color this year. We are orange. (Two years ago everybody was assigned to be a kind of home...we were the "Beautimous Bungalos.") Today I got some orange shirts to wear, and I also found an orange jersey that I can put over other shirts during the week. I also got an orange sunflower clip that I can stick in my hair.



Our YCL's are planning to decorate the cabin in orange Hawaiian theme decor. It's fun to see how excited they get to be in charge and get things ready for camp. I have to say though, I think Girl's Camp is more fun as a leader. I'm planning to make a name tag for myself that clearly states my name, "Sister Kelley" and something like, "Adult Leader." It got really old two years ago when I kept getting in trouble for not being in the activity with the 4th years. The other people in the stake thought I was 15 I guess.

Hopefully I get some good pictures at Camp. I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

Annaliese said...

Yay for girls camp! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you will get in trouble for wearing a fake badge and trying to pass as an adult. That would be funny.

Granma Faye said...

Oh, Holly, later it will be so nice to look younger than you are! I know now it's a pain, though. Funny how that is: now it's almost insulting. Later, it will be flattering. : ) Hope you have a blast.