Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Greg!


Greg's birthday was on Wednesday. He has the coolest birthday I know: 7/7/77.

We had to poke a lot of holes in the cake to get all those candles in!


It was a lot of fire when they were all lit!


This is The Kelley Cake. You can do a search on my blog to get the recipe--I posted it a year ago I think. Also note, it's best to double the frosting so you have enough. It's delicious!


I got a new flashlight and play dough for Greg's birthday. We also went to see Toy Story 3 today in 3-D. That was a great movie. I was laughing out-loud for a good part of the movie.



I thought this was an artistic picture.


Again, this is Greg making me laugh. He's such a goofball.






Ha Ha, the balloon man died from a bite of cake! Death by chocolate! Hahaha!



After the movie, we went down to the river to roast kielbasa and float around in our raft.



We found some good roasting sticks and carved them. It's a tradition to find and carve your own roasting stick. We roasted marshmallows later after paddling in the raft.


The scenery is so pretty there. I love floating in the raft and just observing the beauty.


Greg tried his hand at spearing a fish with a 4-pointed spear he made. They were took quick though. We could see lots of big fish jumping all around, but they were able to evade his spear.

6 comments:

Granma Faye said...

That looks like a pleasant day. Just the kind I like...simple with outdoor fun. Wow, Greg! You can't have candles on your cake anymore. You'll singe your hair when you try to blow out the flames! You'll burn the house down! Now ya gotta just find the candles in the numerical shapes and stick two of 'em on there. : ) Happy thoughts for your birthday!

Anonymous said...

You need to get candles that are labeled with a numeric value so you only need two candles. That's a good idea, huh. Or actually, you'd need candle holders that would stick in a cake, and you'd have a set of snap-on numbers to label the candle holders and of course then you'd only need two candles. This would help save the earth from Global Warming.

Granma Faye said...

Oh, brother... Dad's copying MY idea! I forgot to mention: I love Balloon Face. Good artwork, Greg. Someone forgot to tell you he doesn't like cake from a fork, though. : )

Ali said...

You guys seem to have so much fun together, very cute. Love the balloon popping idea (Evan would LOVE that I think)...oh, and Jeff has always dreamed of spearing fish too!

Annaliese said...

I love the sprinkles on the cake!

Wendy Jean said...

The balloon is funny! I like Greg's expression after the guy popped. I loved Toy Story 3 also. The Ken doll made me laugh.