Thursday, January 6, 2011

Snow!

Pinus flexilis....in case you were wondering what kind of tree this is.





I got some pictures of the snow and hills we like to sled on. This hill is right next to our apartment (right outside my bedroom window) so it is handy to use for sledding. I'm glad we don't have to drive for hours to get up in the snowy mountains. We've gotten lots of snow this winter, and pretty much anywhere you are in Pullman, you are very close to a big hill.





We went down the hill shown above, and then up this little hill (below) and then went backwards...plowing into the snow with an abrupt stop. I felt like a cartoon. It probably looked really silly.


The next two pictures are to show the weird snow formation right outside our apartment. It looked like a wave at the ocean. (Sorry, I took the picture at night and it was hard to get the camera to focus right.)


5 comments:

Granma Faye said...

The snow is so pretty--especially with a blue sky background. That's cool you can just go outside your door and go sledding. I loved doing that the couple of years we had enough snow here in town. Just find a closed-off-steep-hill street and....wheeee! Fun! : )

Anonymous said...

That hill looks like a blast! Where's your snowman?

Lory said...

David and I had to drive an hour and a half to find snow to snowshoe in! I'm jealous. And I too, wish we weren't so far away. I couldn't comment on the nativity movie one-it wouldn't let me. Pat and I watched this in early January. I was disappointed it was too graphic on the baby killing to be able to show it to kids. It was good to realize what it was like.

Summer said...

it's so pretty. i love how it snows enough to make it look like a winter wonderland instead of brown slush

Wendy Jean said...

That hill looks steep! The kids would love it!