Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Dinner Ideas

I like getting ideas for dinner from friends who have made something good...That's a lot easier and more trust-worthy than a cookbook. So! I'll give you ideas as I get them, and hopefully when I visit your blog, you will have some too!

Idea Number 1
Split Pea Soup
It's super easy. Just buy a bag of dried split peas--the recipe is on the back. I like to add a cup or two of small chunks of ham, chopped carrots and onions. It takes about an hour and a half all together (one hour at least just to cook the soup). It's very good with corn bread, or the pretzles I told you about. Hope you like it!

2 comments:

Summer said...

I wanna try that one. You should post a picture of what your recipe looks like.

Annaliese said...

I'm not a "trustworthy" cook, but I don't think you can go too wrong with Chicken Pot Pie. Just dump cream o' chicken soup, veggies, and chicken in a pie crust, and viola!